Combs & Lee, Attorneys at Law, PLLC– Coronavirus and COVID-19 — Updates
Effective April 2, 2020, North Carolina Chief Justice Cheri Beasley issued an order containing seven emergency directives.
- Postpones court proceedings for a second time to June 1, 2020
- Continues to direct clerks of court to post notices, such as the attached poster (see link below), at court facilities discouraging entry by those infected with COVID-19
- Authorizes court proceedings to be conducted by remote audio and video transmissions
- Directs attorneys and others without business before the court to avoid court facilities
- Allows use of a sworn statement under penalty of perjury rather than notarization for court filings and oaths
- Allows service of court documents by email
- Extends the deadline for payment of most fines and fees by 90 days and directs clerks not to report failures to pay court debt to the DMV.
For more information about this new order, please visit: https://www.nccourts.gov/news/tag/press-release/chief-justice-beasley-issues-order-postponing-court-proceedings-until-june-1-2020-0
If you’ve been to criminal/traffic court and owe money, some fees can be paid online.
Please visit https://www3.nccourts.org/onlinepayments/menu.sp
As a precautionary measure, all client meetings and consultations will be limited to telephone meetings to minimize the risk. We encourage using phones and email as a means of communication for current clients.
If you have any questions or concerns, please use the contact form and the appropriate person will be in touch with you.
Effective March 13, 2020, North Carolina Chief Justice Cheri Beasley announced that all North Carolina criminal/traffic cases will be continued for the next 30 days.
For court updates, you may visit: https://www.nccourts.gov/covid-19-coronavirus-updates
The Forsyth County Clerk has announced that all superior court and district court proceedings and other matters are to be continued/scheduled no earlier than April 20, 2020. For more information https://forsythcountyclerk.com/